Monday, June 28, 2010

The hardest half is behind me

A couple days ago was the 3 month mark, and if I go along like an average person, that means I am halfway there. As far as the ACL goes nothing new since last time. I'm at that plateau stage where once I was able to start walking normally, progress is hard to see.

ROM is complete, and I can press down on my folded leg without pain. I guess the only noticeable thing is that after long walks it gets pretty sore and the muscle gives out once in a while but that's just weakness in the quad.

Recently I have started working out again and added some quad workout to my daily routines and its been pretty great. Knees feeling a lot stronger. I also started swimming which is awesome exercise because of the low impact on the knee. Jogging will come in a few weeks I believe, I see my orthopedic surgeon again in 12 days and am aiming for a clear to jog.

As a tip to those who are going through this, workout your quad insanely, then use a foam roller. Those things may hurt like hell when being used, but it truly relaxes all the muscle knots after just 10-15minutes.

1 comment:

  1. it's been more than a month since you've UPDATED.

    so update!

    how else are you going to tell your children about this incident... 19 1/2 years from now?!

    p.s. jeremini likes reading your blog

    ReplyDelete