Friday, May 14, 2010

Feeling good at 7 and a half weeks

By this point I am walking pretty much normally. There is still a limp if I'm walking downhill thought simply because that puts a lot of pressure on my quad muscles to push myself back from falling forward. The biggest problem now is how all the muscle on my right leg has atrophied away. Gotta hit that gym hard in the summer to get it back to normal before the next school year.

PT is getting a little better now that I am no longer just stretching and have started strength exercises. Currently I am doing the exercise bike, one legged calf-raises, leg press, and that's about it. I want to start squatting on my own but I may need PT approval for that.

I saw my orthopedic surgeon 4 days ago and he says I am healing quite well and if I don't do anything stupid I should be jogging in about a month. Lets hope it works out, I haven't jogged in almost 3 months now..

No comments:

Post a Comment